Has anyone accused you of assault? or attacked you? "Looking for a Lawyer" should be at the top of your to-do list. This article describes what you should look for in an assault attorney.
As you speak with criminal defense attorneys, you should have several objectives. You need to find a lawyer who:
- Have the necessary skills and experience
- Proposes a strategy you agree with
- Earns your trust
This article will discuss all these ideas in more detail.
Before you hire an attorney to defend against assault charges or any other charges, you and the lawyer should get to know each other. The purpose of this meeting is to learn about the lawyer's background and experience, discuss your options, and most importantly, determine if this is the lawyer you want to hire. You can also hire a Denver assault and battery attorney at The Law Offices of Decker & Jones..
Evaluating an Assault Lawyer
A prosecutor will make these allegations against you publicly in court. Not only should your attorney be familiar with the charges against you, but they should also be familiar with the prosecutor making these allegations. Ask:
- How long has the lawyer been a criminal defense attorney?
- How many cases has he worked on like yours?
- How many times does a lawyer appear in the same courthouse where your case will be heard?
- Does the lawyer know the prosecutor who brought the case against you? Have they worked on similar cases before? What would prosecutors say about criminal defense attorneys?
- If the lawyer practices in other areas of law, what percentage of the lawyer's practice is devoted to representing clients facing criminal charges?
The ideal criminal defense attorney would have represented clients accused of charges similar to yours. He will also have a good reputation among the people working in the court where your case will be heard.